A referral from a treating physician is required for the initial visit. Ask your physician if our services would be appropriate for your wound. We have provided a referral form for your convenience. Once our office receives a completed and signed referral, we will make contact with the patient and schedule an appointment for the first visit.
Download our referral form HERE and ask your doctor or provider if Premier Wound Care is right for you.
Contact us today for a free initial consultation if you have any of the following:
- Any wound that fails to show significant improvement in four weeks, or complete healing within eight weeks.
- An infected wound with or without necrotic tissue, osteomyelitis, or abscess.
- Any wound which involves tendon, ligament, bone, or joint.
- Neuropathic ulcers in diabetic patients.
- Wounds with significant ischemia
- Venous wounds
Call us directly for a consultation or your doctor may refer you.
Our program operates by appointment and we can often schedule the first visit on the same day as the referral. The first appointment will involve an assessment of the wound and factors related to its healing or lack of healing by a doctor or nurse. The assessment may address issues such as include pressure, trauma, poor blood supply, swelling, poor nutrition and infection. Additional testing and procedures are performed if necessary.
Once the assessment is done, our team works to develop a unique and personalized treatment plan that integrates wound-care management, education and support services. Depending on the type and severity of the wound, patients may be seen as often as every other day or for less complex wounds, weekly. The treatment plan will likely need adjustments over its course, the number of visits will increase or decrease based on an individuals needs.
After completing a thorough patient evaluation including medical history and a wound assessment, the following advanced treatment options are available:
- Compression Therapy
- Tissue Grafts
- Negative Pressure Therapy
- Wound Protection / Off Loading and Management
- Myocutaneous flap surgery
In addition, we provide:
- Patient and caregiver education
- Coordination with home care or skilled nursing facilities
- Coordination of home wound care supplies orders through your insurance company.
- We may also assist with referrals for Hyperbaric Oxygen, General Surgeons, Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists, Diagnostic testing and Imaging (as indicated).
We accept most insurances, including Medicare. If patient payments are required, we also accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Our experienced staff is ready to assist with appointments, health insurance processing, and medical records. Please call us at (800) 321-1592 with any questions.